Baking Class for Girl Scouts (Brownies & Older)In this class, 10 Girl Scouts and 2 Leaders will tour our 4,000 square foot bakery, learn about the equipment and jobs in a professional kitchen, and make cupcakes, cake balls, and chocolate dipped Oreos to take home.
Cost:$350.00 per class
Duration:2h – 2h 30min
About this experience
- 10 Girl Scouts & 2 Leaders
- Tour of the 4,000 square foot bakery, explanation of equipment, and overview of the jobs available at a bakery
- 2.5 hours of hands on instruction with Executive Pastry Chef Sam Major
- Girls will make cupcakes, cake balls, and chocolate covered Oreos to take home
- Girl Scout Baking Badge for all Girl Scout participants
- Girls also take home recipes & instructions to make more at home!
"We just did a parent/child class (we all have 8-year-olds) and it was an absolute blast!! Chef Sam demonstrated and explained everything at an age appropriate level, was prepared, extremely patient and so encouraging to the kids. They LOVED every single minute and we brought home so many goodies! It was the perfect hands on experience and we learned so much!" - Jessica D., Dallas, TX
Your Instructor: Executive Pastry Chef Sam Major
After graduating valedictorian from the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY, Chef Sam trained at five-star, five-diamond hotels; award winning caterers; and nationally recognized fine dining restaurants. He has taught at The Art Institute, Sur La Table, Orson Gygi, and in dozens of homes. He is currently the Executive Patry Chef at Dessert Unlimited, which he started with his wife, Nancy. Chef Sam's most beloved clients are his four children, who are always planning their next birthday cakes.