Pies 101 (ages 16+)Get Ready for Fall with Beautiful, Delicious Pies & Winning Techniques
About this experience
Join Executive Pastry Chef Sam Major for a delightful night learning to make pies! You'll perfect fruit, nut, and custard pies while learning all the tips & tricks for perfect crust and filling every time. In this class, you'll:
- Learn the simple formula for perfect pie dough every time
- Learn the importance of the ingredients and the role of each in the dough
- Discuss the difference between fruit and custard pies and learn recipes for both
- Make two 5" pies to take home
- Make your own dough to use later!
You'll leave the class with new skills, recipes, two 5 inch pies, and dough for making another pie at home!
Your Instructor: Executive Pastry Chef Sam Major
After graduating valedictorian from the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY, Chef Sam trained at five-star, five-diamond hotels; award winning caterers; and nationally recognized fine dining restaurants. He has taught at The Art Institute, Sur La Table, Orson Gygi, and in dozens of homes. He is currently the Executive Patry Chef at Dessert Unlimited, which he started with his wife, Nancy. Chef Sam's most beloved clients are his four children, who are always planning their next birthday cakes.